[ODE] ODE and Itanium processors

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Wed Aug 2 09:46:56 MST 2006

Rodrigo Hernandez wrote:

> It complains, but continues compiling (the complaint is something along
> the "all code is location independent on win32" line), originally, I had
> the flag hard coded
> into the compiler flags, but it was later conditionally removed because
> it caused a compilation error on a platform, I don't remember which one
> though, I wasn't
> the one who made the change (though I might have applied the patch).

Well.. for opcode is it hardcoded.
So all platforms that can build opcode using autoconf can handle
the flag:

if OPCODE
noinst_LIBRARIES+= libOPCODE.a
libOPCODE_a_CPPFLAGS= -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fPIC

if X86_64_SYSTEM
libOPCODE_a_CPPFLAGS += -fPIC
endif

Note: the latter section makes no sense.

>From the logs:

r907 | tfautre | 2006-04-04 12:17:09 +0200 (Tue, 04 Apr 2006) | 2 lines

- made the -fPIC compilation flag only active on X86_64_SYSTEM

My guess is that the guard can be dropped, or reversed
to 'if not win32' or something.

Maybe tfautre has some additional insights?

  Bram