[ODE] ODE and Itanium processors

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Wed Aug 2 09:08:12 MST 2006

Jason Perkins wrote:
> On 8/2/06, Bram Stolk <bram at sara.nl> wrote:
>> my original comment stands:
>> Why is the fPIC optional at all?
>> What platforms should *not* be compiled with fPic ?
>
> I *think* that gcc-win32 will complain if you use -fPIC.
>
> Jason

It complains, but continues compiling (the complaint is something along
the "all code is location independent on win32" line), originally, I had
the flag hard coded
into the compiler flags, but it was later conditionally removed because
it caused a compilation error on a platform, I don't remember which one
though, I wasn't
the one who made the change (though I might have applied the patch).