[ODE] "static" Geom problem

Matthew Harmon matt at ev-interactive.com
Thu Apr 13 15:15:36 MST 2006

I’m having some troubles with “static” geoms
 those that are not assigned to
a body.

I’m counting the number of potential collision pairs I get from
dSpaceCollide(), and it seems that if a geom is not assigned to a body it
always generates potential contacts with other similar geoms.  However, if I
assign them to a body, they don’t (unless they get very close, of course.)

I’m using a quadtree space, but the same happens for even a simple space.
These are almost all simple box geoms.

I tried calling dGeomMove(), just in case these static geoms were all being
put in the root of the quadtree, but that didn’t seem to help.

Any thoughts here?