[ODE] Car simulation wheel problem

andreif at mail.dntis.ro andreif at mail.dntis.ro
Wed Oct 5 09:16:44 MST 2005

Hello,

I've created a small car simulation using code similar to most of the public available examples on this topic - a body and 4 wheels, connected by 4 hinge2 joints, rotating car is done by using the front wheels. When car's speed is low the wheels turn fine when I want it to turn left or right. When car's speed increase however and after some turns the wheels get in the following shape:

| |

/ \

where the / \ wheels are the front ones. Does anyone know a cause of this behaviour and/or some (quick or not) fixes for the problem ? I think I saw this topic appearing on the list a while ago, can't remember the verdict.

Thanks,
Andrei