[ODE] Re: C++ interface?

Matthew D. Hancher mdh at email.arc.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 15 00:19:39 MST 2005

"Peter Palotas" <peter.palotas at gmail.com> wrote:
> I read some places on the webpage and in the documentation manual
> that there
> is a C++ interface to ODE. Yet all documentation I can find seems
> to use a C
> interface.  Is there a C++ interface to ODE readily available, and
> if so,
> where can I find documentation on it? Or should I just write my own
> C++
> wrapper around the C interface?

It exists.  It's just a thin wrapper around the C interface.  To use it,
just include the file <ode/odecpp.h> instead of <ode/ode.h>.  There
is no
special documentation because it precisely mirrors the C interface.  If
you take a look at the include file you can quickly see what the classes
and member functions are called, and what C functions they correspond to
(though that's also obvious from the names).

Or you can just use the C interface directly from C++, which works
fine too.

Matt

Matthew D. Hancher
Intelligent Systems Division