[ODE] Sphere pass through box, mass problem

Vrej Melkonian vmelkon at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 13 11:33:28 MST 2005

Hi,

I have a ODE box object that makes up the floor of my
room.
Actually, there are many but the sphere is resting on
one.
The floor is static in my world.

The ODE sphere is a moveable entity.
It appears that if the mass is to high (4.5 as
calculated by dMassSetSphere, density == 1.0)
the sphere slowly goes through the floor.
If the mass is 0.45 (10x lighter, density == 0.1), I
think it doesn't, which is the behavior I want.

I also have boxes in my room (moveable object) and
these are relatively heavy as well (density == 1.0)
but these don't go through the floor.

What's the story?

Vrej