[ODE] Some objects pass through other objects

Keith Wiley kwiley at cs.unm.edu
Sat Nov 12 00:18:19 MST 2005

Followup.  I have determined that this bug has nothing to do with the
canonball being near the ground (that's why it occurs later in the
launch cycle as well as near the ground.  I have determined that
dCollide is failing to find the collision, so the canonball falls
through the pendulum.  I put in code that colors the canonball
differently depending on whether a collision is found between it and
any part of the trebuchet.  This helps me easily visualize when
collisions are detected and when they are not.  dCollide simply fails
to discover collisions between the canonball and the composited
trebuchet body most of the time.  Sometimes it finds the collision,
but most of the time it doesn't, especially when both bodies settle
down and stop moving around relative to one another.

Does this offer any insight into what is going wrong or what I can do
about it?

Keith Wiley         kwiley at cs.unm.edu         http://www.unm.edu/~keithw

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
                                            --  Galileo Galilei