[ODE] Find position of geom within composite?

Keith Wiley kwiley at cs.unm.edu
Thu Nov 10 23:11:59 MST 2005

I am compositing geoms into complex unions, ala the test_boxstack
example.  However, I would like to be able to find the position of
one geom within the composite at a later time, after the composite
shape may have been moved around.  I tried using dGeomGetPosition().
This is the function that I use to draw each geom in the compsite, so
I figured it would give a unique position for each geom, but it
appears that compositing "resets" each geom's position to the center
of mass of the entire composited object.  Can I find the position of
a specific geom within a composited object?

Thanks.

Keith Wiley         kwiley at cs.unm.edu         http://www.unm.edu/~keithw

                                            --  Yoda