[ODE] How to define new joints

Thomas Paviot thomas.paviot at free.fr
Tue Nov 8 08:27:42 MST 2005

Hello,

I would like to use a joint with 2 degrees of freedom (DOF) between two
parts : a rotational and linear freedom along the same axis. It would be
a kind of mix between a slider and an hinge joint. I'm new to ODE and
didn't found any answer in the archive list or over the internet.

I had an idea to go around the problem : define an new body, without
mass paramters set to 0, and set an hinge joint between this body and
part 1, and a slider joint between this body and Part 2. I think it's
not very clean.

Any idea or suggestion?

Thomas