[ODE] Slow performence in a given scene - optimizable, or "just how it is"?

Szabo Gabor uchimata at axelero.hu
Sat Nov 5 19:01:39 MST 2005

Hi,

It's interesting: "condensing it into a static trimesh". A question,
that maybe already exists: when is it better to use trimesh geoms
instead of composite geometry (or vica versa)? Is it enough to compare
the summary of the polygon number in the resulting object? I don't think
so, and the answer could be is very useful. I think it depends on the
solver (world, fast, quick), the geom types in the object, but are there
any formula to calculate with to setup the more effective physic
geometry structure (trimesh vs geoms)? Or do I have to test each case?

Thank you,

   Uchimata