[ODE] ODE for cloth

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Thu Nov 3 12:59:17 MST 2005

R. Frazier wrote:
> Thanks, I looked through the ODE docs, but all I could find was
> dJointCreateBall().
> I'm guessing ODE doesn't explicitly offer this type of point distance
> joint.
> Can ODE's ball-and-socket joint be modified this way?

You can get springy behavior by just changing the CFM/ERP for the joint.
There's a description in the ODE manual for how to do it.

When it comes to keeping a specific distance, one way of accomplishing
this is to use bodies for the connecting rods instead of the particles
at the vertices, then inter-connect all the rods with ball-socket joints
at the vertex locations.

Cheers,

		/ h+