[ODE] Newbie Capsule Question

Brett Jones stormsharebrett at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 18:00:40 MST 2005

Hi All,
  I was wondering if anyone had used CCylinder to represent players in a  game. I would like to use plain cylinders and I was able to integrate  the contrib but it is missing some functions and math is not my strong  point. In my game it would be ok to used capsules locked in upright Y  axis. mainly I am concernd with being able to pick a player when many  players are crowded together so representing players with boxes does  not seem like a good idea.
  Has anyone used CCylinder to represent there players? Also because the  game is massive multiplayer so I am worried about performance.. Any  suggestions.
  Brett