[ODE] non-capped cylinder support (dcyl2) now available in UNSTABLE

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Thu Nov 17 07:47:10 MST 2005

Hi,

The UNSTABLE branch now has dcyl2 incorporated.

dcyl2 was a contrib, (by Alen Ladavac, ported to ODE by Nguyen Binh),
that is now in the regular source tree of UNSTABLE.

I've added a test_cyl.cpp test app that tests cylinders against
trimesh world, and a box.

To use non-capped cylinders, do the following:

./configure --with-opcode --with-cylinder

I've been careful not to break anything, so a configure run
without the flag should not be affected at all.

This has only been tested on linux.

Please report your findings,
Later on, I plan to remove the contrib/ entry from UNSTABLE.

   Bram Stolk

PS: single-precision ODE seems to have an issue with test_cyl
     sometimes collisions are not detected.
     I'm pretty sure this is a trimesh issue, and not a cyl issue.