[ODE] Patch for eliminating penetration bounce mega-force?

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue May 31 09:35:17 MST 2005

I think, at the larger level, the problem is that there are three kinds
of people on this list:

1) game programming newbies, who are learning about programming in
general, and physics in particular
2) students/researchers/etc who are building simulations for a
time-limited project (i e, a semester)
3) professional programmers who are either really busy on their project,
or who use ODE only for temporary purposes

None of these users are traditionally likely to be successful in
shepherding an OpenSource project through revisions. You need someone
with actual skills AND actual time (on a long-term basis) to fulfill
that role. Neither Russ nor Adam seem to quite fit the bill.

I think ODE could be great, if we had some firebrand soul with the
appropriate skills and time to take on that task. But we don't, so we're
all just adrift in the void...

Cheers,

			/ h+