[ODE] Ray as Sensor (Please help)

Andrzej Szombierski qq at kuku.eu.org
Mon May 30 17:04:38 MST 2005

On Mon, 30 May 2005, Eugen Lofing wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I tried to implement a sensor using ODE-ray - it tries to affect the
> objects, that are near to it.
>
> It throws away them (the objects) ;-)
>
> somebody know, how I can disable this affecting?
>
> Code:
[...]

You're probably creating contact joints (although the code you have
included doesn't confirm it - maybe you're creating them somewhere else?)

> ... and do somebody know, what the parameters do:
>

> void dGeomRaySet (dGeomID ray, dReal px, dReal py, dReal pz,
>       dReal dx, dReal dy, dReal dz);
>             ^^        ^^        ^^
>
> Quote: "...direction (dx,dy,dz) of the given ray. The ray's rotation matrix
> will be adjusted so that the local Z-axis is aligned with the direction."
>
> - I don't understand, what it does mean. Are the parameters (dx,dy,dz)
> really a Rotation-matrix or a 2-nd. point? Because the ray does not

It's not a matrix and not a point :) It's a vector, so if you call
dGeomRaySet the ray starts at (px,py,pz) and goes through (px+dx,py+dy,pz+dz).

> seem to exist if I set this params to (0,0,0) -> Z-axis-direction ...

Z axis is (0,0,1) as far as I can say.

--
:: Andrzej Szombierski :: qq at kuku.eu.org :: http://kuku.eu.org ::
:: anszom at bezkitu.com  :: radio bez kitu :: http://bezkitu.com ::