[ODE] systems flying apart at high angular velocities

Graham Fyffe gfyffe at gmail.com
Wed May 25 23:18:01 MST 2005

Hi!  Yes, I think this might help the problem, but maybe not solve it.
 The issue I think will still cause me problems is that it's not a
rigid body.  It's a system with a lot of joints, and I think the
joints are getting pulled apart when I spin it around really fast,
possibly because of the CFM / ERP mechanism.  I wonder if that other
patch that showed up on the list for handling collisions using
iterations could be modified to give me true hard stops, instead of
having to use CFM / ERP close to 0 and 1 to simulate a mostly-hard
stop.  Mabye that's the way to go?  Iteratively satisfy the hard stop
constraints?

- Graham