[ODE] Newbie questions.

Megan Fox shalinor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 10:20:27 MST 2005

1.) The initial position will be at 0,0,0

2.) I've never tried it, but I suppose removing a geom from a space
that doesn't contain it could cause a crash.  As always, check all
your data, and duplicate the problem in some small repeatable way that
can be easily explained.

3.) Yes, it will increase the fall velocity over time, but with a
force that small (if you're using larger scales), it will likely not
be particularly visible.  Try increasing the gravity, you'll see the
acceleration easily.

4.) dBodyGetLinearVel() (or dBodyGetAngularVel - I don't know which you wanted)

5.) Yes.  The callback is where you customize ODE's functioning to
your app... it's where you implement whatever friction systems you
have in mind, detect and react to collisions, etc.

-Megan Fox