[ODE] movement force conversion

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Fri Mar 11 13:08:12 MST 2005

> thanks, but the problem is that i don't use ODE while this movement -
> animations controls my model then. For instance: after calling "kick"
> animation and positive collision checking I wan't to add apropriate
> force into hited body.

The ODE collision system generates forces based on relative
velocities, bounciness, and penetration depth. Basically, the
idea is to add opposing forces that drive the objects out of
each other in one time step.

However, you can use ODE with animation. Just make the animations
turn into forward kinematic forces, rather than absolute joint
position/orientations. This makes the right thing happen if you
run into a joint, etc.

Cheers,

			/ h+