[ODE] hardware physics chip

Vrej Melkonian vmelkon at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 07:45:27 MST 2005

:)

There have been lab experiments in which researchers
have wired together brain cells have have placed
electrical detectors on each cell to monitor the
network.

As for the topic... well, I am curious to see a
specialized chip that can handle 30,000 objects on
screen instead of only 50.

I'm refering to this
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/08/news_6119896.html
(tx Nguyen)

Also, we have to keep in mind that in a game, the CPU
is doing other work as well. To be fair, a dual CPU
system must be compared to this single CPU and PPU
system.

Has such a chip been created before?
There are scientists and engineers who simulate a lot
of things like magnetic feilds, electrical flow, heat
flow, shockwaves. Do they use special physics CPUs?

--- Adam Moravanszky <adam.moravanszky at novodex.com>