[ODE] Getting Bodies to pass through one another?

James james at pringo.com
Wed Jun 29 07:18:29 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm hoping this is an easy one.

I have two bodies and I want them to be able to occupy the same position in
the world without ode trying to shake them apart. Basically - like ghosts.

The thing is, I need regular physics to apply when they interact with other
particular bodies (I have the body IDs in a list). Imagine something like,
ghosts can pass through each other, but can't go through walls.

I have tried to play with the ERP and CFM values for the contact I get back
from their collision, but it doesn't help. I can't change the world values
for these params, beause then everything becomes a ghost. How do I do this?

Your help is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!
James