[ODE] Trimesh-Sphere inaccuracies

Marco Grubert mgrubert at conitec.net
Thu Jul 7 12:24:48 MST 2005

Thank you for the feedback. After some more hours of stepping through the
code it indeed appears to be a problem with edge crossings and not with the
size of the triangles. However, I have been unable to determine exactly what
goes wrong in these cases since the contacts don't look all that different
from regular ones. Yet the solver generates a larger correction force which
leads the wheels to bounce up a little more. Do this with a highly
tesselated mesh and you get a very bouncy car.

Regards,
  Marco