[ODE] Objects moving "of their own free will"

Eyal Teler et at aiseek.com
Thu Jul 7 16:22:40 MST 2005

In the box stack test, when I drop a lot of boxes, after they're
supposedly at rest, I still see one here and there seemingly trying to
push itself from under others, very slowly pushing them out of the way.

This also seems to happen in my program (which is natural, since I took
the box stack as an example of how to use ODE). Objects never seem at
rest. I have a brick building, and the bricks just wobble back and forth
constantly. I set auto-disable using dWorldSetAutoDisableFlag, but it
never happens.

[The doesn't only look funny up close, but also ends up slower than
using Tokamak. Since my main reason to try ODE was to allow for very
large scenes (with the help of the collision spaces), that's not very good.]

	Eyal