[ODE] Trimesh-Trimesh and Triangle Normals

cgiscript cgiscript at hotpop.com
Mon Jul 4 10:34:53 MST 2005

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 14:25:50 -0300, Peter Kyme <pk at dneg.com> wrote:

> By adding one line that reverses the normals obtained for triangles on
> the 2nd trimesh, almost all of the problems I was seeing went away. This
> makes sense, since before this I would get contact normals facing in the
> wrong direction whenever a triangle normal from the 2nd geometry was
> used.

Yeah, i found this while i was testing ode for our project a few months
ago (or a year by now), but the question is why other users seems to dont
need inverting the second object normal, like  the trimesh demo, that
seems to run fine in Russ pc and others, that actually tested before
releasing the trimesh-trimesh code, idont see how this can be related to
the pc's arch/OS i.e P4/winXP

Lioric