[ODE] From unstable to trunk...

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Sun Jul 3 10:45:34 MST 2005

> Right, but it seems to me that in practice there is no positive action
> on patches on the UNSTABLE branch either.  What I was suggesting was
> force-feeding patches to people on the main trunk, to force a response
> either way.  If no response is forthcoming, the patch is most likely OK.
> This could mitigated by requiring patch creators to #ifdef their patches
> so they can easily be disabled if need be.

You're assuming that there's a community of people who regularly update
and build from trunk, are capable of telling where the trunk broke, vs
when their own code broke, and are interested in isolating what it was
that broke enough that the right change can be rolled back.

Do we actually have enough people who match all those criteria? And do
those people stick around for more than two months?

Cheers,

                    / h+