[ODE] ODE in Myst V: A Postmortem

Charlls Quarra charlls_quarra at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Jul 1 17:36:10 MST 2005

 --- Alen Ladavac <alenl-ml at croteam.com> escribió:

> > Actually i remember a fair number of times i
> swimmed
> > into the underneath darkness behind the floor in
> the
> > desert and the garden age, but this will
> esentially
> > will always be an issue until true continuous
> > collision detection and physics becomes cheap to
> use
>
> Or you can fake it with raycasts. It ain't perfect
> but at least you don't
> fall through floor.

 sure, but i was referring to the default behaviour
that Havok has when a collision isnt resolved on the
same frame which Colin commented. I kinda understand
doing that from Havok guys as aknoweledging total
failure and allowing the game to reset to a safe state
instead of putting the game state in some potentially
weirder, but stable state