[ODE] controlling vehicle: setting forces or velocities?

cesar pachon cesarpachon at yahoo.es
Mon Jan 31 15:10:27 MST 2005

Hello! I made a simple 4-wheels car simulation based
in ode example.. I move it applying angular velocities
to the wheels. It seems that doing this the car mass
does not matter. I mean: It looks like if ODE
transformates the desired velocity in a force. My
question is:
¿does it is the better way to move the car? what about
apply force (impulse??) to the chassis instead of the
thanks by the help!

Nuevos servicios, más seguridad