[ODE] Handling collision for multiple surface/material typed geometries in nearcallback

Mohsin Hasan mohsin.hasan at trivor.com
Fri Jan 28 18:16:41 MST 2005

All,

Let's say I have multiple geometries in a scene grouped by surface/material
type. Some of them are hard and some are soft, some bounce etc. What's the
best way of setting the contactList parameters for each geometry type in the
nearCallback. E.g. if there are 3 boxes falling on each other and all of
these have different properties like one is soft, one is hard and one has a
lot of bounce. When their AABBs intersect I will get the near callback for
any two boxes. How should I identify what parameters to set for the
contactList structure before calling dCollide?

Thanks,
Mohsin