[ODE] Joint solving differences in Quickstep vs StepFast1

Graham Fyffe gfyffe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 09:08:21 MST 2005

Hi!  I'm not an expert on QuickStep but I have also noticed
differences, compared to WorldStep.  I have a detailed joint rig set
up for a car suspension, with several kinematic loops.  WorldStep
solves it beautifully at about 60 - 100 frames per second on my
machine.  QuickStep is entirely unable to handle the kinematic loops,
and the car just slumps to the ground.  Even setting the number of
iterations to 5,000 didn't solve the problem.  StepFast couldn't quite
handle it either.  So I ended up using WorldStep, which limits me to a
single car for the detailed joint rig.  But that's all I needed, so
yay!  :)

- Graham Fyffe