[ODE] Object size, velocity, time step and collision detection.

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Tue Jan 11 10:15:55 MST 2005

Yes, it would. Any discrete-time, penetration-based system would. There is research, and some early game development, into continuous-time collision detection, which would fix this, but ODE does not do it (nor anything else you can buy today). One work-around is to add a ray from your old center to your new center during each collision step, and detect a collision with something static that way. Two simultaneously moving bodies is harder, though, as you need to really form the full moving hulls of them.

Cheers,

			/ h+