[ODE] Beginners Questions

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Fri Jan 7 09:19:19 MST 2005

You seem to have posted more than one copy of that question.

The unit is "whatever strikes your fancy, and is consistent
with your other units". I e, if you use meters and newtons,
time will typically be seconds.

Using a variable time step is likely to lead to significant
instability, popping, and un-rest in your simulation. Instead,
take multiple steps when needed, as shown in:

http://www.mindcontrol.org/~hplus/graphics/game_loop.html

Cheers,

			/ h+