[ODE] better way to handle terrain

Tri Sulistiono tri at malaka9.com
Fri Jan 7 02:47:34 MST 2005

believe it or not, my past experience with ODE collision library proves that
a single merged tri-mesh collision geom is faster than 'chunked'
tri-meshes... and yes, the 'chunked' way was my first trial coz it
should --in theory-- be faster, but after some testing and coding iteration
to enhance our fps stats, it shown that merging all tri-mesh geoms result in
fastest 'updates' in our implementation case... but again, as the ODE doc
says, your mileage may vary :).
I think it depends on how you define 'huge' is...

Tri S.