[ODE] Silly theoretical question

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Thu Feb 24 13:33:26 MST 2005

> Let's not forget that physics simulation methods are not from yesterday or 2
> years ago. Barraf wrote his papers back there in 1994, 95'... and now we are
> 10 years later not having anything "much" better. All LCP solving methods,

Have you seen Redon's work? He uses a continuous time simulation where
collision detection is based on translation AND rotation, and he finds
the exact time of intersection (including for triangle meshes). It's
fairly computationally expensive, but could probably show up in a game
any year now.

Cheers,

			/ h+