[ODE] When rockets hit objects
jose_marin2 at yahoo.com.br
Mon Feb 21 08:35:57 MST 2005
I'm using ODE on my game, and would like to use OPCODE
(inside ODE) to collision detection.
The game has a terrain, some moveable objects (tanks),
some static objects (trees, buildings, etc) and lots
of rockets flying!
I use spaces and trimeshes geoms for all objects,
including the terrain.
Is possible to use OPCODE to detect the collision
between the rockets and the other objects?
The problems are:
1) the rockets are very fast (may lose some
2) there are lots of rockets (say, 20 at one time!)
3) how to detect when a rocket hit some object?
4) how to identify this object?
5) the rockets may use boxes or spheres to detect
collisions; which one is faster (may be a matter of I
make some tests)?
It's possible to use only OPCODE to collision
detection, in this case, or I must use a custom one?
Thanks for any tips!
Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Instale o discador do Yahoo! agora. http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/ - Internet rápida e grátis
More information about the ODE