[ODE] Force of impact question.

Ron Barry Ron.Barry at Sun.COM
Mon Dec 5 12:31:23 MST 2005

Jon Watte (ODE) wrote:
> To be more specific: dot the difference of the two velocity vectors at
> the contact points for the bodies, with the contact normal for that
> contact point (and take the absolute value of that dot).

I've diddled with this a bit, but when you have multiple simultaneous
collisions (imagine a pool game where the que ball hits two targets
at the same time) there ends up being quite a bit more sound than
expected.  I'm exploring the joint feedback option, though I may
revisit the idea of simply examining velocity vectors and trying to
make sense of simultenaity (sp?) later...

	thanks, all!

	rOn