[ODE] Cross-platform woes

Keith Johnston keithj_pinoli at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 14 16:33:37 MST 2005

Having finally conquered repeatability on the PC from
one simulation run to the next, I am now trying to
make simulations on the PC and Mac run *identically*.
I have tried truncating the physical properties to 2
decimal places, but this has not solved the problem.
The same initial conditions on a simulation on the PC
and the Mac still diverge.

Perhaps the only solution is to give up on Visual C++
and use gcc on windows - that way at least I'd be
using the same compiler on both operating systems.
Currently we are using Xcode on the Mac and Visual
Studio on windows.

Has anyone ever gotten exactly the same simulation
results on both Mac and PC?  How did you do it?

Thanks,
Keith