[ODE] XML and ODE

John Donovan JohnD at MagentaSoftware.com
Mon Aug 8 11:43:50 MST 2005

> Wouldn't that be very confusing? Regular meshes are always 0-based,

Yes, I totally agree. It's just that the samples I've found (and the
example in the spec), appear to start at 1. I'd much rather it was 0,

> except for the obj file format...

I've broken various .obj importers by using 0-indexed meshes. To this
day I've never figured out quite why they decided to start from 1.

> (I haven't been following this issue, so it's likely already been
discussed to death ...)

Any discussion is good! I'm really just waiting for a reply from William
Denniss as he is The Man when it comes to XODE. There's nothing worse
than several interpretations of the same spec.

-J

The content of this message and any attached file are confidential and/or privileged and are for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient, any unauthorised use, disclosure, copying, distribution or other dissemination is strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error please notify the sender immediately by email, telephone or fax and then delete this email. Any attachment with this message should be checked for viruses before it is opened. Magenta Software Limited cannot be held responsible for any failure by the recipient to check for viruses before opening any attachment. Copyright in this email and attachments created by us belongs to Magenta Software Limited. Should you communicate with anyone at Magenta Software Limited by email you consent to us monitoring and reading any such correspondence.