[ODE] Simulating a bobsleigh

David Ramos dramos at cyanide-studio.com
Thu Aug 4 10:15:20 MST 2005

Good advices,

Michael, Megan, Jon,
Got what I wanted :)
dContactApprox1 , mu2 and slip2 are the key, thanks guys.
No more wheels or traction force.

 Jon,
You are right, I experiment some strange behavior with boxes, some
 inexpected "jumps" etc.. despite a good global sensation.
What's exactly the problem ? Any fix expected ?

Using cylinders for the skates tends to make the bobsleigh rolling
despite my effort to lower the Center of Mass, the mass of the bob and
to increase the mass of the skates.

Using rays seems to give exactly the opposite...very hard to roll :)

I need a compromise because both behaviors are expected in bobsleigh.

 thanks for your help,
David