[ODE] ODE and FreeSOLID

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Tue Apr 19 08:54:51 MST 2005

Tanguy Fautre wrote:

> I've been following this discussion and I was wondering what are the
> advantages of FreeSOLID over OPCODE.

Well, the GJK algorithm is the feature that was mentioned before in the
list, here is the FreeSOLID info page:

http://www.win.tue.nl/~gino/solid/

I am not too familiar with OPCODE to be able to tell how much of an
advantage it would be to use one or the other, but well,
its not like we'll be dropping OPCODE, just adding the FreeSOLID option
for those who want it, once implemented we can benchmark both.

besides, the FreeSOLID project has been sitting idle for a year on my
sourceforge project list, it would be a waste for me not to work on it a
bit :)

Cheers!