[ODE] Connected spheres creating instability against static objects?

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Thu Apr 14 13:42:53 MST 2005

It's quite likely that your spheres are colliding against each
other, as a universal joint will not "roll" the spheres along
their touching surface, but try to "fold" the spheres into each
other.

I've done similar things (ropes created out of ccylinders that
collide with other geoms) and it works fine, assuming I give
enough clearing space between each of the geoms such that they
won't fold "into" each other.

Cheers,

			/ h+