[ODE] Angular velocity

Yefei He yhe at nads-sc.uiowa.edu
Wed Apr 13 16:02:09 MST 2005

Hi,

    Is there any reason why angular velocities seem to be the opposite of
rotation angles? To state it less confusingly, I have an object starting
at pos(0,0,0) and rotx =0, roty = 0, rotz =0. If I set the angular
velocity around z to be a positive value, then as I look down at the
object from above, it is actually rotating clockwise, not counterclockwise
as I expect. But if I give the object a positive rotz value, it rotates
counterclockwise for the given amount. Is there any convention in dynamics
that leads to this?

    Thanks,

    Yefei