[ODE] Boolean operation on collision geometry

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Thu Apr 7 09:46:59 MST 2005

Gao Yang wrote:
> dGeomTransform is able to composite multiple collision geometry into
> one. Here's my question: If the composition in creating dGeomTransform
> we call it an addition operation, is there any way to apply subtraction
> operation on collision geometry in forming a composite geom?

Very difficult - check the list archives (keyword probably 'CSG').
Not impossible, but (I think the conclusion was) it would require
being able to derive the intersection surface patches for all of
the supported ODE primitive collision combinations, and inside/outside
CSG between the resulting solids formed by those patches too.  No quick

Adam D. Moss   -   adam at gimp.org