[ODE] movement force conversion

Piotr Obrzut piotr_obrzut at o2.pl
Wed Apr 6 21:39:25 MST 2005

6 kwietnia 2005 (20:38:59) Jon wrote:

JW> The amotor will apply the same force on both bodies. Other things
JW> on those bodies, such as contact joints, may also apply force on
JW> the same bodies.

JW> If you want to really closely follow the animation, you have to
JW> make joints higher up in the hierarchy (pelvis connected, spine,
JW> etc)

The problem is more trivial :) : My model is strictly following
animations (with litle mistake) my intention is to simulate collision
of two walking or one kicking other walking models so that they will
stop follow strictly animation when collsion occur.

What I have now is working like that:

after adding external force into head only pelvis bone follows that
force (b/c its position isn't set by dJointSetAMotorAngle which sets
children pos. only). After collision situation is the same.

My plan is to propgate decreasing weight of animation through affected
by collision bones (bodies). But I'm asking whether it could be done

 Piotr Obrzut