[ODE] mass ratio idea

Petr Sovis petr at preality.com
Mon Sep 27 19:38:21 MST 2004

In my opinion, it isn't, becouse even statical object can have velocity
(fake - just for handling contacts). I don't know if it's possible to add
relative velocities for normal contact direction in ODE  but maybe it's
possible.

one constraint line for normal ( n ) direction of contact:
  J v' = c  ---> J v' = c + static_object_velocity * n * fps;   c -
represent bouncing
for tangencial == friction directions (t1, t2)
t1:  J v' = 0  ---> J v' = rv1 = static_object_velocity * t1 * fps;
t2:  J v' = 0  ---> J v' = rv2 = static_object_velocity * t2 * fps;

static_object_velocity should be absolute velocity in P of "static" object.
static_object_velocity = linvelstatic + angvelstatic x (P - COMstatic).

rv1, rv2 are in ODE "contact.surface.motion1" and "contact.surface.motion2"
parameters for contact joint (Same thing as conveyor belt), so only problem
remains in n direction line. It could be solvable by cheating bounce contact
joint parameter.

Best regards, Petr.

P.S. Sorry for mislead if I'm wrong.
P.S.S. I'm realy not sure about signs in equations (I always try and debug
to write them correctly).