[ODE] Simple Joint Setup problem.

Andrzej Szombierski qq at kuku.eu.org
Sat Sep 25 22:38:31 MST 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004, Dan wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> ive been using ode for a few days now and everythnig is great. However when
> trying to set up a simple joint between two bodies, the bodies get pulled
> towards the same position.  Ive checked out the ode test code and it doesnt
> seem to be doing anything different from me when setting up a simple joint.
> Am I missing something to do with offeset position from the bodies to the
> joint? I just cant get it to work and any pointers would be appreciated.

Maybe you set the joint parameters (anchor/axis/whatever) before attaching
the joint? If that's the case, simply attach the joint right after
creating it, and then set all the parameters.

(that's another thing which IIRC the documentation doesn't mention,
but should)

--
:: Andrzej Szombierski :: qq at kuku.eu.org :: http://kuku.eu.org ::
:: anszom at bezkitu.com  :: radio bez kitu :: http://bezkitu.com ::