[ODE] Making it build again

Gary R. Van Sickle g.r.vansickle at worldnet.att.net
Fri Sep 24 20:49:08 MST 2004

> That's where I'm saying we disagree on how critical things are.
> Implicit type conversions breaks the compile, because
> WARNINGS ARE ERRORS.

Turn off the WARNINGS ARE ERRORS switch and you're set.  And use the inside
voice, we're right here, sheesh.

> Now, you are a submitter; I'm not.
> However, in any code base I've ever worked, the quality has
> gone up when technical leadership has decided that warnings
> should break the compile, and the switch has been turned on.
> I am suggesting (although I'm failing to be humble about it)
> that you do the same thing in ODE.

I'll humbly suggest:

1.  The ODE project do no such thing.
2.  Any project which requires warnings to be treated as errors to improve
product quality lacks experienced, skilled developers, proper management,
and proper quality control systems.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle