[ODE] dTerrain aabb bug

Geoff Carlton gcarlton at iinet.net.au
Thu Sep 16 09:00:04 MST 2004

There's a subtle problem with dTerrainY and dTerrainZ that just caught
me up.

Their calculate functions return an aabb bounded by the min and max
height, however this can cause problems for flat terrains.  Fast moving
objects may penetrate the terrain entirely and then skip the collision
due to the aabb test.  The fix is to either return the aabb with some
padding in the appropriate dimension, or just return that dimension as
-infinity.

I'd submit this as a patch, but I'm not sure how to do that. :-)

Geoff