[ODE] Player camera

Pierre Renaux prenaux at alias25.org
Wed Sep 15 15:15:42 MST 2004

I'm just trying to have simple first person camera that behaves like Quake.

I already made such system in the previous version of the physics (which
weren't using ODE). It's pretty simple to just derive a sliding point...

What should I do ? should get the contact point and make the thing slide
myself as I was doing previously.

Or is there some simple way to make ODE behave the same way, simple hitting
a plane and sliding along it instead of bouncing.

I would guess I just have to disable bouncing and remove all friction, but
the parameters are a bit hard to grasp for me. Which one should I tweak to
achieve this effect ?

Thanks,
Pierre