[ODE] Stability of ODE in NovodeX Rocket...

Achim Moller netcom2002 at gmxpro.de
Tue Oct 19 21:17:24 MST 2004

Didn't compile ODEPSCL by myself. Just used the precompiled file from
SourceForge.

>From the ReadMe of ODEPSCL:
[...]
There were a few changes made to Open Dynamics Engine in order to exploit
features in PSCL
[...]
Linear/Angular Damping and Max Angular Velocity. Simply put you can now
apply linear and angular damping on bodies in ODE as well as cap the max
angular velocity of a body. This increases stability and helps makes the
simulation feel better in many cases.
[...]

If I understand you right, you suggest it's better to recompile ODEPSCL
using the latest source tree from CVS? Or from where do these mentioned
features (auto-dampenig, "good" auto-sleep) come?

BTW, I'm also wondering about some of the mentioned limitations:
For sample: "Friction ramp – No material support yet in ODE version, but it
runs". Why isn't there "material support"?

Achim