[ODE] Character Movement

Shawn Carroll s.carroll.home at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 21:42:38 MST 2004

Hey Guys,

I'm new to ODE and have been checking out the source for a bit now.
I've read almost the whole manual but am still lost as to what would
provide the best solution to my problem.

I am basically going for basic navigation of an AABB around a level
made up of triangles. I have some marked as walkable and others marked
as non-walkable.

Should I be looking at just the collision detection system or would I
be able to use the dynamics as well to solve this? I have made a
program where I have a box and I apply a linear velocity to it but my
box flips end over end since the force is applied at the middle and
it's resting against the ground.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Shawn