[ODE] Questions about wheel slip and damping

Michael Rauh michael.rauh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 17:50:37 MST 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:40:37 +0200, Pancini, Ettore <epancini at ferrari.it> wrote:

>  what about the friction value you set on the contact created from rear wheels and ground?

Of course the same as for the front wheels, e.g. mu=0.8 (with
dContactApprox1) for one of my  front-driven cars. I observed similar
behaviour as Yizhen when I built the first front-driven one. Setting
the motor speed also for the rear wheels canceled that problem. The
rear wheels are now rolling fine (with v = omega * r) as they should
do. Did you observe something different?

Greets
Michael